VEX IQ Challenge Objectives
In addition to our overall Mission Statement, our VEX IQ program strives to introduce to the following skills to our students:
- Continued implementation of the engineering design process (EDP). Emphasis is placed on the EDP and time management and goal setting
- The engineering journal is a focus in the design process and problem solving. The daily entries continue to build habits of hand and mind.
- Begin to identify/teach systematic thinking and problem solving skills
- The level of complexity, analyzing and interpreting data and critical thinking is increased.
- Focus on innovation and creativity
- Integrate Science and Math concepts into problem solving.
- Model/teach negotiation and teamwork skills